Acting in accordance with the Estonian Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Prevention Act, in particular with §31 of the act and the regulation of the minister referred to in §31 (6) of the act, we kindly inform you that the video verification is carried out in relation to the following group of clients:
a) an e-resident;
b) a person from a country outside the European Economic Area or whose place of residence or seat is in such country;
c) a natural person from an EEA country whose total sum of transactions exceeds 15,000 euros per calendar month; or
d) a legal person from an EEA country whose total sum of transactions exceeds 25,000 euros per calendar month.
It must be noted that the video identification of a person and verification of person’s identity does not oblige the Service Provider to establish a business relationship or guarantee the accessibility of services.
Additionally, it is stated that the video verification is not successful when:
- The Client has not confirmed that he has read the information about the use of information technology,
- The Client has not agreed to the conditions of identification of a person and verification of person’s identity with information technology means.
- The Client has submitted different data than in the identity documents,
- The Client has not performed any activity within 15 minutes of the video verification.
- The Client is suspected for money laundering or terrorist financing.